Proofreading and Editing
by Shireen Moloney
Hello, my name is Shireen and welcome to Finishing Touches Proofreading (FTP). I live in Northern Ireland with my husband and our dog, Finn.
As a lover of words and books from a young age, I decided to put this to good use. During the last year, I completed the Proofreading and Editing Level 4 Diploma from the College of Media and Publishing. I was so pleased to achieve a Distinction. This gave me the push to set up FTP.
I also have a bachelor’s degree in History from Queen’s University Belfast. History and its impact on us today continues to be a passion of mine and I hope to develop it further as this business grows.
My aim for FTP is to provide a fresh set of eyes for your text. Then we can enhance and tweak it as needed, so it can be of the very best quality for your readers. You can be sure that I will handle your work with the utmost care and attention.
Thank you for your interest in this business. I look forward to working with you.
Get in Touch
Get in touch via our contact form by clicking the link below and find out how my proofreading services can help your business today.
I offer three main services that come under proofreading. These will all ensure that your work is of the highest standard.
- Check for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalisation errors.
- Check for inconsistencies and typos throughout the document.
2) Copy editing:
- Check for grammar, spelling, punctuation and capitalisation errors.
- Focus on clarity and readability.
- Revise sentences for clarity and concision.
- Check for inconsistencies in tone and spelling.
- Ensure word choice is appropriate.
- Make sure the document follows a set style guide if necessary.
- Check that the headings and main text are in the correct font, size, and colour.
- Set appropriate margins.
- Ensure the correct line spacing has been applied.
- Introduce section breaks if needed.
- Page numbering.
- Insert a table of contents and a list of figures if necessary.
Every document is different, but my standard prices are:
- Proofreading: £15 per every 500 words (10% off for every 5,000 words)
- Copy editing: £25 per every 500 words (10% off for every 5,000 words)
- Formatting: £10 per page (10% off for every 10 pages)
(A standard A4 page with default margins, single-spaced, and 12-point font size, has an average of 500 words)
Contact me today for a free, non-obligation quote! I would be happy to discuss what proofreading service would best suit your document.